MEMBER LOGIN

MEMBER LOGIN

International Papers

[SCI(E)] Experimental evaluation of improved IoT middleware for flexible performance and efficient connectivity
조회 : 1,119
2017.11.28 15:04
Abstract
We previously proposed an Internet of Things (IoT) middleware called Middleware for Cooperative Interaction of Things (MinT). MinT supports thread pooling to quickly process requests from other IoT devices. However, using a thread pool with a fixed number of threads equal to the number of CPU cores can waste memory and CPU resources, and degrade the performance of the IoT device. In this paper, we propose an enhanced approach called Improved MinT (MinT-I) to efficiently improve the performance of MinT middleware by real-time adjustment of threads. We aim to improve the performance of the connection part, which is responsible for analyzing, processing, and retransmitting the received packets. The experimental results showed that MinT-I increased the average throughput by approximately 25% to 35% compared to the existing middleware. Moreover, the proposed MinT-I not only can optimize the memory and resource usage, but it can also reduce the latency and power consumption of IoT devices.

Keywords
Internet of Things (IoT)MinTPerformanceMulti-threading

이용약관  |  개인정보취급방침  |  이메일주소 수집거부  |  온라인문의
Kangwon Univ. Dept. of Computer Information and Communications Engineering Software and System Lab.